§5-73-306. Prohibited places.
No license to carry a concealed handgun issued pursuant to this subchapter authorizes any person to carry a
concealed handgun into:
(1) Any police station, sheriff's station, or Department of Arkansas State Police station;
Effective date of laws July 31, 2007 3
(2) Any Arkansas Highway Police Division of the Arkansas State Highway and Transportation Department
(3) (A) Any building of the Arkansas State Highway and Transportation Department or onto grounds adjacent
to any building of the Arkansas State Highway and Transportation Department.
( (B) However, subdivision (3)(A) of this section does not apply to a rest area or weigh station of the Arkansas
State Highway and Transportation Department;
(4) Any detention facility, prison, or jail;
(5) Any courthouse;
(6) (A) Any courtroom.
(B) However, nothing in this subchapter precludes a judge from carrying a concealed weapon or determining
who will carry a concealed weapon into his or her courtroom;
(7) Polling Place (Deleted out of the code book)
(8) Any meeting place of the governing body of any governmental entity;
(9) Any meeting of the General Assembly or a committee of the General Assembly;
(10) Any state office;
(11) Any athletic event not related to firearms;
(12) Any portion of an establishment, except a restaurant as defined in § 3- 9-402, licensed to dispense
alcoholic beverages for consumption on the premises;
(13) Any portion of an establishment, except a restaurant as defined in § 3- 9-402, where beer or light wine is
consumed on the premises;
(14) Inside the passenger terminal of any airport, except that no person is prohibited from carrying any legal
firearm into the passenger terminal if the firearm is encased for shipment for purposes of checking the firearm
as baggage to be lawfully transported on any aircraft;
(15) Any place where the carrying of a firearm is prohibited by federal law;
(16) Any place where a parade or demonstration requiring a permit is being held, and the licensee is a
participant in the parade or demonstration; or
(17) (A) Any place at the discretion of the person or entity exercising control over the physical location of the
place by placing at each entrance to the place a written notice clearly readable at a distance of not less than
ten feet (10_) that “carrying a handgun is prohibited”.
(B) (i) If the place does not have a roadway entrance, there shall be a written notice placed anywhere upon the
premises of the place.
(ii) In addition to the requirement of subdivision (19)(B)(i) of this section, there shall be at least one (1) written
notice posted within every three (3) acres of a place with no roadway entrance.
(C) A written notice as described in subdivision (19)(A) of this section is not required for a private home.
(D) Any licensee entering a private home shall notify the occupant that the licensee is carrying a concealed
|Copyright © 2012. Guns-N-More, Inc. All Rights Reserved